Guided Access helps students stay focused on a task while using an iPad. Guided Access limits the device to a single app and controls which app features are available.
You can use Guided Access to:
– Temporarily restrict your iPad to a single app.
– Disable areas of the screen that aren’t relevant to a task in order to reduce distraction.
– Disable the hardware buttons (sleep/wake button, home button).
Set up Guided Access:
Tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. From there, you can:
– Turn Guided Access on or off.
– Set a passcode that controls Guided Access and prevents someone from leaving an active session.
– Set whether the device can go to sleep during a session (LightSail will still log a student out after 10 minutes of inactivity).
Start a Guided Access session:
1. Open the app you want to use.
2. Triple-click the Home button.
3. Adjust settings for the session, and then tap Start.
End a Guided Access session:
1. Triple-click the Home button.
2. Enter the Guided Access passcode.
Download article below:
300 KB Download
Still have questions? Please submit a support ticket here or call us at 1.866.876.7323.