SummerSail Hotspot Instructions - Teachers
Schools may decide to issue hotspots to SummerSail students if they do not have Wi-Fi at home. The following steps will need to be completed on each iPad in order to connect to the hotspot. We recommend that you verify connectivity before the student takes his or her iPad home. The Wi-Fi settings on the hotspots are preconfigured.
I. On an Individual iPad:
- Plug in the hotspot and then press the Wi-Fi button.
- Once the hotspot’s blue Wi-Fi indicator light is on, tap the Settings icon on the iPad. Then tap Wi-Fi.
- Select the network summersail.
- When prompted, enter the password: 12Light3Sail45. Do NOT share the password with the students; the hotspots are for students to access the LightSail application only.
- The iPads are now connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- To verify that the connection is successful, log in to LightSail with the student’s username and password.
Verify the iPad reconnects to the hotspot by toggling Airplane Mode or turning Wi-Fi on and off.
- To do so, tap Settings > Airplane Mode (tap green slide button) or tap Settings > Wi-Fi > Slide the Wi-Fi button to Off and then On.
- If the iPad reconnects to summersail after turning Airplane Mode or Wi-Fi off and then on again, then the setup was successful.
- Your iPad is now connected to wireless internet!
II. Important Notes:
- Teachers should provide each student with the SummerSail Hotspot Instructions – Students document.
- Hotspots are for use with the LightSail application ONLY.
- Each hotspot has up to 500 Mbps of data per month. If a student exceeds this amount, they will not be able to continue reading with the hotspot connection.
300 KB Download
Still have questions? Please submit a support ticket here or call us at 1.866.876.7323.
How do teachers add one student?
As a teacher, you can add new students to your class. (If you are a Clever School, you cannot add students via LightSail). To add one student to your class do the following: Click on the Menu (3 green lines in the left corner) Click Rosters Click Add ...
Upload User Information - Clever
Clever is a complimentary, data-syncing platform to securely share roster information. If you have not yet enrolled with Clever, click here. Template and Instructions 1. Fill in all columns. 2. Upload one spreadsheet for each school in your ...
How does an Admin Sync Classes from Clever to LightSail?
If your school is synced to Clever you will see a blue button called “Clever Import” on the top right. To import Clever Classes do the following: Click the button “Clever Import” You can filter by grades You can filter by class name (Clever section ...
Creating a Free Apple ID
Apple requires an Apple ID in order to download apps through the App Store. Apple ID’s are free of charge and can be created without registering any form of payment. In order to create an Apple ID, you will need a valid email address and a secure ...
How to use Charles for iPad
This is a short guide on how to setup Charles for network capture on iPad. Network logging is an extremely useful way for our Developers to find out where an internet protocol fails when using LightSail. If you need any assistance in setting up ...