Guided Access helps students stay focused on a task while using an iPad. Guided Access limits the device to a single app and controls which app features are available.
You can use Guided Access to:
– Temporarily restrict your iPad to a single app.
– Disable areas of the screen that aren’t relevant to a task in order to reduce distraction.
– Disable the hardware buttons (sleep/wake button, home button).
Set up Guided Access:
Tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. From there, you can:
– Turn Guided Access on or off.
– Set a passcode that controls Guided Access and prevents someone from leaving an active session.
– Set whether the device can go to sleep during a session (LightSail will still log a student out after 10 minutes of inactivity).
Start a Guided Access session:
1. Open the app you want to use.
2. Triple-click the Home button.
3. Adjust settings for the session, and then tap Start.
End a Guided Access session:
1. Triple-click the Home button.
2. Enter the Guided Access passcode.
Download article below:
300 KB Download
Still have questions? Please submit a support ticket here or call us at 1.866.876.7323.
What is Class Code and How Does a Teacher Access it?
When creating your class roster, you can provide a unique class code to your students. The student will use the code to login for the first time. Once students login, they will automatically join your class roster. The class code can be found in the ...
As a teacher/admin, how do I reset a students password?
As a teacher you can reset your students passwords. Please do the following to reset a password: Open your Menu (3 green lines top right of your screen) Click Rosters If you are in more than one class, choose the correct grade and class Click Load ...
Using Google, ClassLink, and Clever Login
Users can access their LightSail accounts by entering their Google,ClassLink, or Clever credentials on their iPads, chromebooks or Android tablets. GOOGLE 1. Tap on the Google Login button on your LightSail login screen. 2. Enter the Google email ...
Host and Ports for HTML
For LightSail to function properly in a production environment, it must be able to access the following hosts and ports. These links must be white-listed on the network's firewall. Please contact your IT representative to ensure that you can properly ...
LightSail allows students to read in Offline Mode when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable. In order to access LightSail in offline mode, two conditions need to be met: First, you must already have a book checked out. While you are connected to Wi-Fi ...